Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ground Glass Panel

Just for fun, I decided to make a hood for my ground glass, but in my way.
I intended to make ground glass a separated part, since Byron is designed for snap shots, a ground glass is not a necessity, but occasionally when it is treated as a view camera, then you need a ground glass. Most of time I left it at home, when I knew today my Byron is a snappy, no chance for viewing.

It share the same size of a double sided dark slides, almost. Made in bakelite, following the ISO standard dimensions, equipped with Fresnel lens, this ground glass is bright in viewing.
It is for Graflok system, not only Byron, any view camera with Graflok system can install it, I put it on my Linhof Technika IV without any problem!
 
The hood, is in thin plastic sheet, matte black, I cut them as paper card, I used do package designs when in computer company, so to me it's like back to the old time.
When hood is folded up, it protects the surface of ground glass, also prevents dust or scratches of  lens. Maybe I should make a sleeve for it?
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have a link to the Graflok back ISO standard that you referenced to make your ground glass? I'd love to see the official specifications. Thanks!

Unknown said...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5SarEdwOr8LbEZJcFg0RGZkUFE

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great hood! Where do you get this thin plastic from?

Unknown said...

black plastic sheet from art supply store, they sells this as for architects to build house models.