Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tenax 6x9 camera

At first I did a lot of research, trying to find a proper folder, who has a focus device on the body, not on lens itself. That filtered many 69 folders out, although they still have very sturdy body construction, but unfortunately, impossible to replace the lens, and still keep the focus device on it.

During research, I fell in love with Ansco Viking 45, a neat body design, and the bellows it has still looks like brand new one, so I bought it, cost not much.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


But the problem showed when I received it, the helical focus ring did not work, just sticked with the lens! I found out then these camera series all got the same problems, maybe the lubricant it used become sticky when aged, and made lens element malfunction.

Aside the lens, all other parts are so good, and the design looks so pretty, I don't want to give it up, so I bought another lens, a Radionar 105/4.5, asked repairman to replace it for me. Now it became one of my ever ready rangefolder.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


Well, back to the topic.

Tenax camera got more than 80 years old, and I picked it when I knew it got focus knob on flat bed, instead on the lens, and that means you can replace it with any lens, as front stand can take.

There was one camera body for bid on internet, missing the lens, that is alright to me, and the bellows got leaking, also no problem to me, so I took it.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project

No comments: