Tuesday, September 28, 2010

200cm print! Jeff made it with Byron.

Jeff Yuan, a molecular biologist and a photographer with Chinese painting style, recently exhibited his long rolls of print made with Byron.


Here is part of what he wrote to me:
"You can see some of my newest work at www.jyuanimages.info under Landscape Series 2010.  For the very long horizontal panoramic images, I put the camera on a tripod and shoot a picture, roll the film a bit, pan the camera and shoot another picture.  This way I create a very wide panoramic image on one roll of film."

"To print these images, I scan the interpositives and make a digital negative.  From the digital negative I make a platinum/palladium contact print.  For the very longest images, they are over 200cm in length.  It is a long tedious process."

To me, it definitely reminds me Chinese painting arts.

7 comments:

YungHo Juang said...

hello,
do you still have a rollei SL66 lens adapter? where can i find one? please mail me the information about the adapter, m50f2dr@seed.net.tw, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Same question here:
do you still have a rollei SL66 lens adapter? where can i find one?

Unknown said...

yes I do have them, but not many,please contact with me salihonba@gmail.com for your requirement. thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello,

do you still make bellows for Linhof Technika IV? If yes, what is the price for one piece?
Thank you very much!

Attila

Ps: keep on posting! You have a very good and informative homepage!

Unknown said...

It's been long time ago since I quit making bellows for Linhof Tech IV, my price is too high compared with bellows made in China and sell on xBay, did you ever try to find one there?

Anonymous said...

Hello,

yes, I have tried and found on xBej, but I am a bit aware of that (quality, etc...).
To tell you the truth, I would love to make the bellows myself, but I did not find any suitable material for it... :(
Regards,

Attila

Unknown said...

material is easy to find, nylon light proof cloth, you can use it as inner/outer layers, and kraft paper in the middle, what important is the layout of bellows, especially center of bellows openings of both sides are not aligned, be careful to measure.